Pictures from the July 12, 2003 Sheepshead Bay Picnic at
Wolfe's Pond Beach in Staten Island.
Brooklyn Guestbooks go way back
Great video on Bagels
This is the official site of the Sheepshead Bay High School Founders organization.
We are the members of the classes of 61, 62, and 63
Bob Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org
| Alan "Yogi" Gerstel ,
Howie Seitz, Alan Osofsky,
Sands, Frankie Vero, Vinny Governale,
Jeff Schwartz, Donna Mandel, David Swanson, Richie Columbo, Billy Jackson,
Frankie Jackson, Joel Barnett, and way too many more are no longer with us.
Click here to go to the Memorial Page
Been there, done that!
You know you're from Brooklyn if you:
1. Went to Saturday matinees at the Kingsway, Avalon, Rugby, Sheepshead, Mayfair, or Graham.
2. Know what the F.W.I.L. on the Lundy's Restaurant in "The Bay" stands for (It's the brothers, Frederick, William, Irving and Louis).
3. Remember submarine race watching at Plumb Beach. Heck, you even know where Plumb Beach is.
4. Played Hit The Penny, Stoop Ball, Skelly, Johnny on the Pony, and Knucks.
5. Know what a Charlotte Russe is.
6. Think going "away to college" meant NYU, LIU, Pace, or Pratt.
7. Went to Murray the K rock concerts at the Brooklyn Fox or the Brooklyn Paramount. Stayed on line all night for good seats.
8. Shopped on Fulton St. and Pitkin Ave. before the mall and all the dreck.
9. Ate at Chock Full O' Nuts Shops. (date nut bread and powdered donuts that were crunchy)
10. Bought bobka at Leon's, or Ebingers on Flatbush Avenue or Butterbun on Nostrand Ave.
11. Ate Ebinger's Black-Out Cake and didn't think about the calories.
12. Walked along the Coney Island Boardwalk eating a Shatzkins knish.
13. Bought knishes on the beach in those celophane bags and didn't mind the sand.
14. Washed it down with a Sunny Boy orange drink with the wax in it.
15. Remember Coney Island fireworks every Tuesday night in the summer, and watced from the roof of your apartment building.
16. Bought huge sour pickles out of a barrel for a nickel.
17. Were able name all the Brooklyn High Schools. Just try and do that today!
18. Played at Eddy Faber's Fascination in Coney Island.
19. Remember when there were Charcloettets and Luncheonettes not diners, and the Italians owned the fruit stands.
20. Know that NBC's main production studio is on Avenue M.
21. Thought "Buddy's Fairyland Kiddie Park" and Peter Pan Playland were major amusement parks.
22. Don't speak with an accent - everybody else does!
23. Went to a Bar Mitzvah at the Colonial Mansion, sometimes 2 the same weekend.
24. Had a prom date at the Club Elegante.
25. Could run into a kosher deli for hot dogs with mustard and sour kraut and eat on the street.
26. Drove over the Marine Park Bridge for a 10 cent toll, and Brooklyn Battery Tunnel for 35 cents.
27. Knew who the neighborhood wise guy was, but you'd never tell the cops.
28. Shoped at Bohack's, and Packer's.
29. Know that E.J. Korvettes stands for (Eight Jewish Korean Veterans) or not. Sounded good.
30. Owned a pair of pumps from Miles or National's.
31. Waited for the Good Humor or Bungalow Bar guy to come around your block.
32. Buying knishes from RUBY THE KINISH MAN
33. Getting a "J.D. Card" and feeling like Al Capone.
34. You waited for the rides on a truck to come to your neighborhood for 10 cents a ride.
35. Went to Brennan and Carr for a double dip roast beef that dripped all over you.
36. Eating dinner every Sunday night at Fong Fong's or Tung On's Chinese Restaurant.
37. HITTING TWO SEWERS IN PUNCH BALL
38. Going to Big Daddy's on Coney lsand Avenue if you were too lazy to go to Nathan's
39. Getting a Kitchen Sink at Jahns.
40. Italian food at Collaros on Coney Island Ave.......
41. Playing hide and go seek or ring-a-liveo dusk.
42. Had all steel roller skates with keys.
43. You made a scooter from an orange crate, an old skate, and a two by four.
44. You made carpet guns that shot linoleum projectiles.
45. You ate at the Horn and Hardart Automat and Tad's steak house.
46. Hung out in or nearby Garfields
Church), Dubrows (Kings Highway & East 16th st),
47. Ate Stahl's Knishes under the tracks on Coney Is. Ave. off Brighton Beach Ave
48. Went to Brighton Beach Baths (guys tried to peak into the ladies area)
49. You're still angry that the Dodgers left Brooklyn !!!